Activities for children and youngsters, and their families
Leisure is a right for children and young people and consequently, it is also a right for them when they suffer a serious disease
Every year, then, we organize a series of activities, in and out of hospital, to facilitate their access to places of leisure and fun.
Cultural activities, trips, get-togethers, and new adventures offer the possibility to share time and experiences with other children and youngsters in similar circumstances. These activities provide energy and a better disposition to undergo the different stages in treatment.
All activities are supervised by the volunteering team and healthcare professionals go on trips with us to provide whatever medical assistance may be needed.
Trips and excursions out of hospital
- Ski week in Andorra, thanks to the cooperation of the GrandValira Social and the Viladomat family
- Campus in Ireland and Italy, thanks to the cooperation of Barretstown-Serious Fun and Dynamo camp - Right to happiness
- Rural tourism weekend for families
"You're not alone"
Leisure program for teenagers and young people who have overcome a cancer condition in childhood.
These activities are designed to help these young people to go out, relate to others, encourage self-autonomy and improve self-esteem.
Some of the activities developed in this program are the following:
- Cinema and theater
- Bowling, picnic or manicure sessions
- Workshop on autonomy sponsored by public transport company (TMB)
- Attendance to exhibitions and museums
- Sport activities
- Sighseeing tours
- Workshop with dogs run by CTAC (center specializing in therapies using animals)
- Amusement parks and weekend activities
- And many more activities...
Activities while in hospital
It is also important to keep busy during hospitalization, participating in festivities and observing traditions that take place at different times of the year. Activities non-stop!
The Three Wise Men, Carnival, Lent, Easter, spring, Saint George's day, the feast day of Saint John the Baptist and the beginning of summer, fall and roasted chestnuts, autumn, Christmas, ... in hospital too!
- Visit of the FC Barcelona soccer players and the 501st Legion from Star Wars
- Crafts workshops
- Magic, music therapy, percussion, ...workshops
Other activities, shows and visits
- Birthday celebrations
- Soccer and basketball games and tournaments
- Zoo Dreamnight
- Theater and cinema
- Sailing activities
- Crafts workshops
- Cooking workshops
- And a lot more...